Our commitments to hostelbook.pk and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use hostelbook.pk
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
• Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
• Provide accurate information about yourself.
• Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
• Not share your password, give access to your hostelbook.pk account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make hostelbook.pk only for the hostel concerning people, but you cannot use hostelbook.pk if:
• You are a convicted sex offender.
• We've previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
• You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on hostelbook.pk
We want people to use hostelbook.pk to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
• That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards and other Terms and Policies that apply to your use of hostelbook.pk.
• That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
• That infringes or breaches someone else's rights.
2. You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
3. You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content that you share in breach of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe breaches your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use content that you create and share: You own the content that you create and share on hostelbook.pk and the other hostelbook.pk Products and services you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, however, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use this content.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on hostelbook.pk, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other hostelbook.pk Products that you use.
You can end this licence at any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content that you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
2. Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on hostelbook.pk next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on hostelbook.pk. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you've taken on hostelbook.pk. You can learn more about your ad settings and preferences.
3. Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to content you create or share on hostelbook.pk), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source licence) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.